- Web-based: Because GMail lives in the cloud you can have access to it anywhere you have a web browser. Most mobile phones are able to easily connect and retrieve your email.
- Conversation Threads: Instead of needing to search through individual emails to find previous parts of a conversation, GMail automatically groups individual emails together into a conversation so you can easily look back at the progression of a conversation.
- Search vs. Organization: Desktop email solutions often required a great deal of orgainzation. Google's strength is search, so instead of needing to orgainze your mail in GMail, use it's powerful search feature to find what you're looking for more quickly.
- Labels: Outlook, and many other email systems, use folders to organize emails. GMail uses Labels which is similar but a bit more powerful. You can use multiple labels on a single email, letting your email show up in multiple views.
- Integrated: GMail is integrated with Google's other services such as chat, calendar, tasks and documents.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Using keyboard shortcuts you can easily keep your inbox orgainzed